Now we have to ask, is your vehicle winter ready? If not, don't stress! We have a great checklist for you to use to prepare for anything that Old Man Winter may have in store ––
- Purchase new windshield wiper blades and refill your washer fluid. Your windshield is prone to ice, snow, and slush during this time of the year. Keep your vehicle at its best and you'll have a crystal clear view!
- Line the floor of your vehicle with rubber mats. Not only will they keep moisture out of your carpet, but they help to prevent those terrible white salt stains.
- Check those lights. Alright, so this may seem like common sense, but many times this tends to slip people's minds. Since our days are getting shorter (and darker), ensure that all of your lights are in prime condition and working properly.
- Really, we are not trying to be pessimistic, but this time of the year we all need to look at the tank as half empty. Below zero temperatures and a low fuel tank are not a good mix and can cause your gas tank to freeze up! No one wants to run out of fuel in the dead of winter, do they?
- So if you do happen to forget our previous tip and you end up stranded out in the cold, we suggest that you keep a Winter Safety Kit in your vehicle at all times. This should include things like a first-aid kit, a blanket, flashlight with extra batteries, non-perishable snacks like granola bars, booster cables, and a windshield scraper.
- You can also keep your vehicle winter ready by taking it in for regular routine maintenance at the Velde Ford or Velde Cadillac Buick GMC Service Center. With the help of our technicians, your vehicle will continue to run at its best all winter long!
At Velde Autos, we are committed to providing our customers with an unbeatable level of service and a great car buying experience. Feel free to visit either of our dealerships, Velde Ford located at 2200 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554 or Velde Cadillac Buick GMC is located at 2220 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554.