Meet the 2015 Buick Avenir concept vehicle; a premium, sporty, and expressive sedan that portrays new interpretations of Buick's traditional cues of beauty and presence without pretense. The sedan features a long hood, sloping rear deck, a new modern grille, and a wheels-at-the-corners stance, allowing for short overhangs and cab-rearward proportions. The VP of General Motors Global Design, Ed Welburn, stated that the Buick Avenir perfectly demonstrates the company's growing international reach and offers a vision of where their vehicles are headed in the future. Welburn also mentioned how the Buick Avenir's technology has been seamlessly integrated with the features that have become hallmarks for today's production models. He believes that these technological enhancements will drive a new generation of customers to the Buick brand.
Buick's design inside of the cabin was developed with both the driver and passenger's well-being in mind. The interior surfaces, inspired by nature and sea waves, are covered in rich, premium materials and warm colors. The color palette of the Buick Avenir concept contains light and natural tones, oiled and buffed wood trim, and Galvano satin-chrome accents. The Buick Avenir's cabin also allows for easy management of all of the vehicle's incredible technologies and integrated features.
Some additional features on the Buick Avenir concept include:
- Personal seating for four
- Full light-emitting diode (LED) exterior lighting
- Twenty-one-inch wheels
- Next-generation direct-injected V-6 engine with fuel-saving Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and stop/start technology
- Nine-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission
- Driver-selectable suspension damping
- Twin-clutch all-wheel-drive system
- Next-generation Buick IntelliLink infotainment with large, 12-inch-diagonal color touch screen
- Driver-recognition features that automatically sync infotainment preferences
- Ionic cabin air filtration
- Mobile device wireless charging
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot