PEKIN, Ill. –– If you’re into towing, hauling, and driving an all-around monstrous and vigorous pickup, the 2017 Ford Super Duty will dominate the heavy-duty pickup segment and Ford Motor Co. is asking you to join in its conquest. The newest Super Duty is the magnum opus of Ford pickups that we’ve yet to see enter the automaker’s oeuvre up until this point. Now that Ford’s toughest, smartest, most capable heavy-duty pickup is here, you owe it to yourself to see what makes this truck so praiseworthy compared to others, and what exactly it stands for in the truck world.
Super Duty Stands for Toughness.
Is there a better word we could start with to describe the newest edition of Ford’s heavy-duty pickup? A brand new, high-strength steel frame makes the Super Duty’s core 24 times stronger than previous editions. Additionally, you get more muscle with the four-wheel-drive, driveline, axles, and towing components, which means you can hook up your neighbor’s Chevy and haul it right on out of town in the name of Ford without any problems, except maybe the law.
The steel frame is covered by Ford’s high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy body strong enough to resist dents and dints, and even red rust corrosion. The aluminum alloy also took 350 pounds off the pickup, but doesn’t come close to minimizing the strength of the steel frame at all. Who ever thought a heavy-duty pickup could be lightweight and durable?
Super Duty Stands for Intelligence.
It’s okay; we know you don’t typically associate heavy-duty with smart technology. But the 2017 Super Duty is like the scholar athlete who brings brawn and brains to the field. Towing is one of the main aspects Ford wanted to tackle with the new Super Duty, and it makes hauling the heaviest loads a cinch thanks to a number of technology updates, including:
- LED lighting
- Seven cameras providing numerous angles and monitoring of the pickup’s surroundings
- Center high-mounted stop lamp camera that gives easy views of the cargo box and aids in trailer hookup
- 360-degree camera system providing a lookdown view of the Super Duty’s surroundings
- Trailer reverse guidance to aid in backing up with or without a trailer
- Trailer camera capable of attachment to aid your vision
- In-cab trailer tire pressure monitoring system
- Ford adaptive steering technology that makes control and handling easy at low or high speeds
- SYNC 3
- Blind Spot Information System
- Lane departure warning to notify you of veering drivers
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning
Super Duty Stands for Capability.
Dropping 350 pounds and adding a long list of new technology has propelled the new Super Duty to greatness, but the components under its hood also play a vital role in its success as an expected heavy-duty segment leader. You have multiple options for what level of power you want driving your 2017 Super Duty, including:
- 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 diesel that delivers immense horsepower and torque
- 6.2L V8 gasoline engine for the F-250 equipped with the TorqShift-G transmission
- 6.7L Power Stroke V8 diesel
- 6.8L V10 gas
- 6.2L V8 gas
No matter what engine you go with, you’re going to get a high degree of muscular power that you would expect in a heavy-duty pickup like the all-new 2017 Ford Super Duty. You won’t be able to get your hands on this heavy-duty king until late in 2016, but when it’s time to stop by our Ford dealership near Tremont for a test-drive we’ll make sure you know about it. Until then, come by to see the other tough, smart, and capable Ford trucks for sale on our lot.
At Velde Ford, we are committed to providing our customers with an unbeatable level of service and a great car buying experience. Feel free to visit our dealership, Velde Ford at 2200 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554.