PEKIN, Ill. – When you’re in the market for a car there’s a few things you know to look for like the make and model, the color of the car, technology features, and possibly the safety features you’d like to have. Have you ever thought about the materials that make up your interior? No worries if you haven’t, because the fabric of Ford goes through extreme testing to make sure your interior will last as long as your car does.
The interior of your Ford will inevitably show signs of wear and tear over the years, just like the exterior of your vehicle does. To help the durability of the all the fabrics, plastics, and leathers Ford engineers put every material through thorough testing to see how each ones stands the test of time.
With these tests, Ford engineers are ensuring that it’s going to take more than a spilled coffee, slight scuff, or a small scratch will permanently damage the materials.
The fabric of Ford goes through these tests:
- The Five-Finger Scratch Test – Different samples of fabric are scratched to see how much abuse they can take.
- The Soil and Cleanability Test – Different seat fabrics are splashed with different substances to evaluate how well they can be cleaned afterwards, which tests the overall stain resistance.
- The Resistance to Dye Transfer Test - Materials of different colors (like blue jeans) are rubbed against the leather used for car seats to see if any stains are left behind.
- The Mace Snagging Test – Spins seat fabric on rotating rollers roughly 600 times while they’re repeatedly stuck by a spikey iron ball to test the strength.
In addition to these durability tests, there’s also a team of examiners that smell various samples of the materials to keep the interior odor free.
You can see all of the tests performed with these links:
- SNIFF: A Story about Car Smells – https://youtu.be/n9YnEEXhrJE
- SNAG: A Story about Mighty Materials – https://youtu.be/J9gyq9dGnUE
- SPLASH: A Story about Surprise Spills – https://youtu.be/i7DrgKeZaEY
All of these tests are performed to make sure you get the best quality vehicles from Ford. If you’re looking for a great vehicle, head to Velde Ford. We have plenty of cars, trucks, and SUVs to choose from. We’re confident that we can find the perfect vehicle for you!
At Velde Ford, we're committed to providing our customers with an unbeatable level of service and a great car buying experience. Feel free to visit Velde Ford located at 2200 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554.
Visit our website: VeldeFordPekin.com
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram