Tips for playing Pokémon Go Safely…On Foot
The idea of the game is to get players active in the real world. By walking to Pokés tops and gyms, you have the chance to hatch your eggs and catch some Pokémon on the way to your destinations. Poké stops and gyms are usually located in highly populated areas, so it’s important that you be aware of your surroundings.
- Watch for traffic when crossing streets.
- Don’t walk along busy roads where there are no sidewalks, especially at night. (You’re unlikely to find good stuff here anyway)
- Don’t play alone, especially in areas you are unfamiliar with or at night. It’s more fun to play with a friend.
- Be aware of the general public and those not on their phones. Look up to avoid bumping into to people or being rude.
While biking is a great way to get exercise, it’s not the safest way to catch ‘em all. You can download maps of your area to find out where poke stops are located near you. This will allow you to plan your Poké-venture accordingly.
- Don’t look at your phone while riding! You can leave the app open in your pocket so GPS can locate you for egg hatching purposes, but please don’t try to catch that weedle while you’re also trying to steer your bike. It’s not worth it.
- Be aware of traffic! This is always important when you’re riding your bike. Again, don’t try to play between destinations.
- Be aware of your surroundings and your belongings once you’ve reached your location. Don’t leave your bike or personal items unattended.
Don’t text and drive, don’t change the music and drive, don’t Pokémon Go and drive! Distracted driving puts you and everyone around you at risk! It can wait until you get there. If you absolutely feel the need to travel for your Pokémon Go adventures, plan your stops according to the map in your area and don’t play in between! Store your phone where you won’t be tempted to use it!
We hope our tips inspire you to be the safest, smartest trainer of them all. If you have any tips for how to play Pokémon Go safely, be sure to share them with us in the comments. If you are in need of a new ride to get you to those trainer meet-ups around town, head over to Velde Ford and one of our trained sales professionals will help you find the right new or used vehicle to match your specific needs. Don’t forget you can schedule your routine maintenance with our Velde Ford Service Center as well!
Located at 2200 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554, Velde Ford of Pekin is committed to providing Pokémon trainers outstanding service. We want you to enjoy your car buying experience. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to stop by the dealership or visit our website at www.VeldeFordPekin.com. You can also reach us at (888) 221-2804. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram