Fun Ways to Stay Cool
- Give your pup a fun place to cool off by providing him with a kiddie pool to splash in! They’re relatively small and inexpensive and can give your dog a place to cool off from the sun.
- You can make your own pupsicles by freezing a hard biscuit in an ice cube tray, or find a doggie ice cream recipe like these ones to make a cool treat for your pup.
- If your dog likes to swim, find a dog friendly beach nearby and take them for a dip! Swimming will allow them to exercise without getting overheated.
Doggie Dos For Summer Heat
- Always have a cool place available for your pet to rest. If you’re outside this could just be a shady spot for them to lie. In the house it could be as simple as a tile floor. If there aren’t any particularly cool places inside, you can provide them with a chilled towel to rest on.
- Always have water available wherever you are! Keep your dog’s water dish full and fresh at all times and be sure to bring water on walks and car trips. Remember to have a place for them to get a drink outside too.
Doggie Don’ts for Summer Heat
- Don’t shave your dog! It may seem like all that fur is causing them to overheat, but really it provides insulation to regulate body temperature. If you shave them too short, they could overheat more quickly, or even get sunburned.
- Don’t walk or exercise your dog during the hot afternoon hours. Go for walks in the morning or the evening when it’s cooler. If it’s too hot, skip the walk for that day.
We hope these tips for keeping your dog cool this summer will help you keep your pets more comfortable in the heat! One last reminder from Velde Ford Pekin, never leave your dog unattended in a vehicle! Even with the windows down it can be way too hot inside your car for your dog! Leave your pet at home where it’s cool!
Do you know about the cool features your Ford vehicle has with Ford SYNC technology? Check out our Ford Technology page to read about the capabilities your car has! From safety to connectivity, stay up to date and learn what your car can do for you!
Located at 2200 North 8th Street, Pekin, IL 61554, Velde Ford of Pekin is committed to providing customers outstanding service. We want you to enjoy your car buying experience. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to stop by the dealership or visit our website at www.VeldeFordPekin.com. You can also reach us at (888) 221-2804. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram